Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring and Baby Fever!



April has been absolutely crazy! Not that every month isn't nuts, everyday rather, but we have had loads of excitement this month! I have been wanting to blog for weeks now and I have had tons to say, but no energy or time to sit down and give my thoughts any justice! We spent today at the park today with a friend who everytime I am with her becomes an even dearer friend and I get in my thoughtful mode and feel so refreshed after time with her! She is a fellow blogger and a woman of much wisdom and raw honesty that leaves me feeling like a better person each time I am around her! I think she knows who she is! Anyway we were talking today about the joys and trials of parenthood and the times when you daydream about what your life might have been if you did things a little differently and where you might be other than where you are at that moment. While I spend a great part of my weeks daydreaming of those very thoughts and usually beat myself of with guilt for having them I realized today that all of our thoughts and feelings are completely natural and does not mean that we are bad people. The important thing is that there is a greater part of me who knows that I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this moment in time! I know that its not about me! Its about serving God and being the best wife and mother I can be and treasuring the life that God has intrusted into my care! Its amazing how the love for a little one can make even the most selfish of souls become so selfless!

Its been a tough spring for me! I have struggled with some health issues and was finally diagnosed. Nothing life threatening, but having another baby may not be as easy as we thought! That has been an issue of great sadness for me. We weren't even ready and still are not ready to try until next spring, but the thought that it wont be simple is a scary one. I know that God will answer all of my prayers in His time and in His way, but I am still grieving the issue!

We did have Mimi down for a short but great visit! Walker was thrilled to see her as usual and she played and adored him as usual! They have a very special relationship! They planted flowers and Manni came for a 10 day visit at the end of her visit so he even got some time with her and helped out with the planting!

I am blessed to have such a loving and helpful mother in law and Walker is blessed to have a Mimi who thinks he hangs the sun and the moon! There is something about being the first grandchild! William was like that in my family! It was like the whole family rallied around him! Not that my family doesn't love Walker and give him tons of love, but The Dungans are smitten with him to say the least!

We had a great visit with Manni! He got to see one of Walker's baseball games which was awesome and he particularly enjoyed the snow cone after the game, but before dinner!
He is growing up soo much and I am so thankful that he loves coming to South Carolina! He has such a sweet and tender heart and I love being his aunt Kat Kat! I love being all of my nephews aunt Kat Kat! I mean what better way to get self confidence that to be the aunt of a bunch of energetic boys who think you are the cat's meow!

Even though Manni's birthday is not until May 11 we celebrated it with him and he picked out a very yummy strawberry cake! He was quite exctied and I actually think he liked the presents we got him! It was fun to get to celebrate with him and to spend so much time with him! Walker sure has missed him since he left!

I gotta wrap this up because the ernomous amount of never ending school work is calling my name! By next year this time all of this work will be a memory and I will be done with school! I keep telling myself that even though I am already looking at graduate programs! I will try to blog more this summer when I have a lighter school load! I have so much to say and there is so little time to say it! Ultimately we are doing well, afterall we are always growing, learning, and changing and complacency is boring so even through the struggles God is helping us to become more like him and preparing us for eternity!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

1 Corinthians 2:9

How exciting!

3 comments:

lindler5 said...

so glad to see you blogging again!! we NEVER get to see each other, so i keep up with your goings on through blogspot.

sorry to hear about your health issues. that is never fun. i will be praying for you guys.

much love -
ashley

Cotters R Us said...

Walker looks like a little man. Keep up the good blogging!

Chris, Anna and Ava said...

As always, I love reading your blog! You are transparent and inspiring when you write. I would definately say you have the gift of expression through words! Walker is precious and Sam just loves him!!! I get to hear about their playdates all the time. I feel like even though I haven't seen ya'll in a while, I get caught up on your family through him and Sarah. She has really enjoyed spending time with you! I am sorry to hear about your health struggles...I will be sure to pray for your perserverance and His hand of healing. Let's get together soon..hope you have a good weekend!